ATTENTION: Refer to the appropriate shop manual for your vehicle to obtain specific service procedures for this part. If
you do not have a service manual or lack the skill to install this part, it is recommended that you seek the services of a
qualified technician. Pay special attention to all cautions and warnings included in the shop manual. Read and follow all
Even though every attempt is made to ensure this information is complete and accurate, it is impossible to account for all possible circumstances or situations. Please
consult with a qualified auto technician before attempting to perform any work you are not qualified to do. Automobiles can be hazardous to work on; be sure to
take all necessary safety precautions. Failure to do so may result in property damage or personal injury. Certain motor vehicle standards and performance
requirements may apply to our motor vehicle (such as Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). Be sure that
your work is performed in accordance with such standards and that you do not disable any motor vehicle safety feature.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Blend Door Repair Kit
Dorman Products A/C Blend Door Repair Tool
For 2006 Chevrolet Equinox / Pontiac Torrent
1. Plastic Replacement Sleeve
2. Mounting Plate
4. Drill Bit
CAUTION: This repair applies only to an air temperature door control shaft that has cracked or separated at the actuator
driven end of the door shaft. Attempting this procedure on a vehicle that does not have this condition (as verified by the
evaluation below) may damage the temperature control door to the point that door replacement becomes mandatory.
Disassembly and Evaluation
Adjust the HVAC Control Module temperature setting to the midpoint of the range. This enables easier installation of the
1. Remove the right sound insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Right Side in your
GM service procedures manual.
2. Remove the instrument panel compartment. Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Replacement in your GM
service procedures manual.
3. Detach the yellow airbag connector. Pull the connector off the slide mount from the HVAC module.
4. Remove the driver knee bolster panel. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement in your GM service procedures manual.
5. Remove the left side insulator/closeout panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Left Side in
your GM service procedures manual.
6. Remove the communication interface module, if equipped. Refer to Communication Interface Module Replacement
in your GM service procedures manual. If the vehicle is not equipped with OnStar, continue with Step 8.
7. Remove the center trim bezel. Refer to Instrument Panel Accessory Bezel Replacement in your GM service
8. Remove the accelerator pedal assembly from the brake pedal bracket. Refer to Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
Replacement in your GM service procedures manual.